Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hook Em'


Well after about a month of indecision, Nolan made his college choice known last night. We are chillin' out, watching reruns of The Office, and he says, "Hey mom, we can go ahead and put down that deposit on UT." And I'm on the computer and half watching the TV and half listening and I'm like...OK. (I reminded myself of my father who used to do 4 or 5 things at once and we could go up to him and say...Daddy, can I have a hundred dollars? Daddy, can I go to Alaska?...and he would always reply "OK" cuz he hadn't really heard a word we said.) Once I came back to earth, I had to ask him...OK, so this is your decision...it's final? And then he shrugs!!! I'm thinking..I'm not going to put down a deposit on a shrug! So then he laughs and says, "Yes I'm sure." In retrospect, just this week he came home telling me about several of his friends making their decisions and who was going where and I think that spurred him to make his commitment (peer pressure but in a good way!) So now I can relax and start getting used to the reality that he is moving out, but he'll be just down the road. I took each of my kids' pictures in this onesie...hard to believe that many years have gone by:)

2 comments:

lindz said...

Love the onesie pic! That is a classic Townsend staple. Glad you can rest easy knowing he will be a Longhorn.

Pam Sivage said...

Love that picture! We know who has the better football team! You will love wearing that orange and white!