Thursday, March 5, 2009

Veggies!


I have been on the waiting list for Johnson's Backyard Garden for about 6 months. I just got my email that my name finally came to the top of the list so I joined. The farm is part of the movement for Community Supported Agriculture and is located just east of Austin. Once a week I will go to a pick up spot in Round Rock and get a box of fresh organic veggies for $28.50/week. On their website you can see what will be in your box each week and there are even recipes especially for vegetables that are more difficult for us average people to know what to do with:0 I have really been trying to eat more fruits and veggies so I am so excited...the kids were like, yea, whatever:) But I'm hoping that when they taste the freshness they will be hooked as well. I'll let you know next Wednesday when I pick up my first harvest:)

4 comments:

JoAnne said...

So there is a waiting list just to become a member? My sister and I are thinking about joining.

Pam Sivage said...

That sounds like a great idea! Keep us posted on how you like it. I would love to try something like that.

lindz said...

Crazy Will the farmer will be delighted to hear the news! I want to find one of those up here--it sounds amazing.

Marie said...

How neat! Let us know how it goes, especially with the recipes and the kids take on it all. Good luck!