Sunday, October 19, 2008

Crazy Carl


I took two of my friends who had never been to Esther's Follies down to 6th street. It had been awhile since I had been, but with an election around the corner I knew the skits would be priceless and it was as funny as usual. When I was at UT, the Follies was just getting started and you could go watch the dress rehearsals for free...great cheap entertainment for poor college students. Well now tickets are $20, but still not bad for a couple of hours of constant laughter. The highlight is Crazy Carl who is part of the show complete in his bra and thong balancing a rose on his nose seen through the windows that are at the back of the stage. Of course we couldn't pass up a photo op with Carl. Dana took the picture so I had to paste her in to make the photo complete. After seeing my attempt at Photoshopping skills, Kelsie said to me, "Mom, you need a job!" She was not complementing my skills...she was saying I had wayyyyyy to much time on my hands.

2 comments:

Pam Sivage said...

Ummm excuse me you have a blog!!! I think I saw him driving down 35 today!!
I also think I need your help with this college thing, you seem like an expert!!

lindz said...

Oh my goodness...this is hilarious. I feel like I have been to something downtown with the word Follies in it...could this be it? Or what am I thinking of?