Friday, October 31, 2008

Save Your Sticker

I love to check out walletpop.com. They have lots of info on freebies (scroll down to the freebie blog), ways to save $$, recycling, etc. So yesterday I read if you go by any Krispy Kreme on Nov. 4th and show your "I voted" sticker you get a free star-shaped doughnut. Now I personally prefer Round Rock Doughnuts and I don't have a Krispy Kreme near me anymore and I'm really trying to cut down on my sugar intake, but hey if I happen to be driving by one on Tuesday (and remember to bring my "I voted" sticker since I voted early) then I'll get a free doughnut. I also read that Taco Bell was giving away free tacos to celebrate the first stolen base in the World Series, but I read it after the fact and since I'm not a baseball fan I was like, oh is the World Series going on??? Anyway you can also play the rice game (www.freerice.com) where you take a multiple choice vocabulary test and for every one you get right, grains of rice are donated to the UN World Food Program. I don't think I fed very many people, but I did send it to my kids to help them study for their SAT :)

1 comment:

Pam Sivage said...

I think Starbucks was giving free coffee too if you voted!